Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A_Matt
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

PHP Timeout with Real-Time Scanning

Jump to solution

Last 2 days I've been suddenly been getting Timeout errors on my local server.

IIS: V10

PHP: 7.2.18 (NTS) via FastCGI

McAfee: Total Protection V16.0 R14

I run a server locally on my laptop for some basic development, and recently been spending a bit of time working heavily on a single file and not accessing my website during that time. Suddenly I've been unable to access my site and consistently getting 500 errors (Internal Server Errors) while trying to load my site which used to work perfectly fine. Link to Error

IIS reports that the errors are to do with PHP not providing anything in time, and eventually timing out. However this seems to happen on every single page I run. Including a small 4 line page which calls to nothing like a file or database, just echos some text, and fails. Even phpinfo() fails.

Disabling Real-Time Scanning seems to fix the issue, however this isn't a something I want to permanently do to fix this issue. Disabling the Chrome Extension WebAdvisor does nothing. 

--------

Is there a way any way I can make the whole folder / process an exception or something to be able to access my website once again with real-time scanning still on?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
A_Matt
Level 8
Message 6 of 6

Re: PHP Timeout with Real-Time Scanning

Jump to solution

SOOOO Good news.

Solved this by adding an exception for the Real time scan on the 2 (main?) Process for PHP that are used php.exe and php-cgi.exe. This seems to have put it back to the processing speed it was at before, while still having Real time scanning on.

Thank you PeaceKeeper for trying to help at least, and giving a response. 

5 Replies
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Unsure if this is a mcafee issue more a IIS issue at least that what google implies.

suggestion is to

"

Open Server Manager

At Server Level (not default Web site)

• Double click FastCGI Settings

• open PHP.EXE listed there

• Monitor changes to file php.ini

• activity timeout default is 60s - change to 600s or whatever"

Unsure if that helps but worth a try, See if anyone else suggests another way

A_Matt
Level 8
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for the quick reply and providing your suggestion.

As mentioned in the second to last paragraph, I believe this to be an issue with McAfee. 

Disabling Real-Time Scanning seems to fix the issue, however this isn't a something I want to permanently do to fix this issue. Disabling the Chrome Extension WebAdvisor does nothing.

While the provided instructions to me, might help me, That fact that this is completely fine, and large web-pages of thousands of lines work fine while Real-Time scanning is disabled, loading within 2-3 seconds as expected.
But small files which simply write out 4 lines, fail to even load within 60 seconds while Real Time scanning is on, is unacceptable, and rising it to something like 10 minutes, is more or less stupid to even wait for.

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Shows I should read every word posted sorry.  Have you tried support. I would assume level 1 will suggest uninstall McAfee might help could be a corrupt file but I would say this would not help. You need a higher level tech to comment ask for an escalation call back or wait and a mod who are such might pop in.

Highlighted
A_Matt
Level 8
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

I went here initially due to lack of time to be able to go to support, but might try it this weekend/next week.
I will try a reinstall if I still have the installer for McAfee / can get it again.

Otherwise I will try going a little higher up.
Thank you for the support provided so far, I'll keep this open for a bit and will try and going to Support/Reinstall. 

A_Matt
Level 8
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

SOOOO Good news.

Solved this by adding an exception for the Real time scan on the 2 (main?) Process for PHP that are used php.exe and php-cgi.exe. This seems to have put it back to the processing speed it was at before, while still having Real time scanning on.

Thank you PeaceKeeper for trying to help at least, and giving a response.