cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook 2013 ~ Not Responding

I noticed that the McAfee AddIn for Outlook 2013 caused Outlook to start slower than normal, but we are talking about 0.3 seconds, so doesn't look like a big deal.

However, I am thinking the AddIn is causing Outlook 2013 to constantly go into a Not Responding state, because of all the scanning it does to incoming email, etc.

Is anyone else experiencing this, and if so, what did you do to solve it?

Thanks,

~ Mike

3 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Outlook 2013 ~ Not Responding

If you are in the habit of leaving large numbers of emails in your Inbox, that could be the cause, as those will be scanned every time by bothe your antivirus and anti-spam, if installed.

Create sub-folders for storing such mail and things should speed up.  Also you could perhaps disable email scanning in SecurityCenter > Virus and Spyware Protection > Real-Time Scanning and try toggling the marked settings here:

Capture.JPG

I am meticulous about not keeping anything in my Inbox, unless it requires action or follow-up, so that's not it. I have many subfolders, which I organize very well.

I've set up auto-archive to archive anything older than a month to keep my PST file small, as per some online research I did.

Yes, I could disable email scanning. However, that is why I bought this solution in the first place, so I could leverage this feature.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

~ Mike

exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Good point.   I would contact Technical Support, it's free of charge by phone or online chat and linked below.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools