cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Old interface of McAfee Antivirus Plus?

Jump to solution

Hi everybody,

I installed McAfee Antivirus Plus recently and it installed the old interface, with the green bar and Windows 8 style look.

The installer looked new however: (this is when I tried reinstalling)

I think it should be the new one because it lists "McAfee Cloud AV" in the Task Manager. Screenshot of About screen:

I think the new interface should have a blue bar on the top, as I got a Dell with McAfee LiveSafe and it had that interface.

Is there a reason why it is not updating to the new interface?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Old interface of McAfee Antivirus Plus?

Jump to solution

---

--This is quite possible as some 3rd party suppliers still have the old interface.  The software is still protecting.   However I am sure that will eventually change to the new GUI.   I would also check there's not a separate entry for Cloud AV in the Control Panel > Programs and Features.   If there is, uninstall it.

---
Peter
Toronto, Canada
---

4 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

---

--This is quite possible as some 3rd party suppliers still have the old interface.  The software is still protecting.   However I am sure that will eventually change to the new GUI.   I would also check there's not a separate entry for Cloud AV in the Control Panel > Programs and Features.   If there is, uninstall it.

---
Peter
Toronto, Canada
---

dcote
Level 7
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution
I don't really see the solution here. I contacted Mcafee they had me make sure windows was up to date and reinstall. Old interface . In fact see Mcafee Document ID: TS101107 which states this is the old version. (gui). I have 3 friends who have Dell computers whose Mcafee just "magically" went to the older version within the last week. The old interface is pre-2016. We should have the new interface.. Reinstalling did not solve the interface issue.
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

It will eventually update to the new one again.

Jump to solution

About 2 weeks ago Mc updated an interface to a new style, some of the options were missing, I even called to support, which had no Idea where those options are... TODAY I checked the scans and see OLD interface on all of my 3 PCs . This is reticules.

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.