cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Q895xy
Level 7

Office 2010 reports critical problem with McAfee Add-in

OS Windows 7 Home, Norton 10.5.195 ,  Outlook 2010.

During startup of Outlook 2010 Outlook abends with a critical error and reports that the problem is with the McAfee Addin.  Responding yes to disable the Add-in for McAfee allows Outlook to function.

Is there a solution or update for the McAfee add-in for Outlook 2010?

Switched to McAfee this month I am running the most current updates and release of the product.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Aldrin
Level 12

Re: Office 2010 reports critical problem with McAfee Add-in

Hello,

Sorry for the delayed response, just to be more clear - you said "OS Windows 7 Home, Norton 10.5.195, Outlook 2010......Switched to McAfee this month "

So are you currently using McAfee or Norton?

0 Kudos
Q895xy
Level 7

I am using McAfee 10.5.195

0 Kudos
Aldrin
Level 12

Have you removed all the Norton traces from the computer, if not check it out in Control Panel> Add/Rem programs if anything found uninstall them, reboot the computer and check the status. If the issue still persist, then please run the McAfee Removal Tool, reboot the computer and reinstall the McAfee programs

Please let us know if that helps you...

0 Kudos
Q895xy
Level 7

Thanks for the recommendation to verify that Norton references were totally removed.

When I deinstalled Norton I used their removal tool of the NIS, and control panel unistall for the Norton utilities, followed by a re-boot.

On your recommendation,  I verified that Norton no longer appeard in the program area as displayed by Ctl panel. I then checked the directory's for Program Data and Program files and found directories in both that refered to Norton products.  Also Outlook had a folder called Norton (no add-in for Nortorn however).  I removed the Norton Oulook folder.  I also removed the sub-directories that referenced Norton within  Program Data and Program Files directories.   I Re-enabled the McAfee addin for Outlook 2010 and re-booted the machine and the McAfee add-in appears in the ribbon are for outlook.  All is stable for since the evening of 9/23/2010.

Thanks again for your assistance.

0 Kudos
Aldrin
Level 12

Glad to know it worked

0 Kudos