cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OEM protection expiring---Want to install ISP supplied FREE McAfee protection.

Jump to solution

I have a new Dell computer and it came with McAfee protection pre-installed. It is expiring a on December 31. My ISP (Cablevision) offers McAfee Multi-Access protection for 20 devices for FREE. I have installed it on 3 other computers here at home already that had AVG free on them. I uninstalled AVG, and installed McAfee on two of them with no problems, but it would not install on 1 of them. That computer belonged to my late sister, and it had McAfee on it at some time in the past. I ran MCPR and then ran the McAfee pre-install program. After that, the Cablevision version of McAfee installed with no problems. What do I need to do when the OEM version of McAfee expires on my new computer ???  Will I need to run the MCPR and the Pre-Install programs or just install the Cablevision version ???  Any help is appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: OEM protection expiring---Want to install ISP supplied FREE McAfee protection.

Jump to solution

Just wanted to let everyone know that the removal of the OEM protection and the installation of the ISP supplied protection went flawlessly, without any issues. I just uninstalled the OEM version with MCPR, and then used the pre-install tool and the new install went perfectly.

4 Replies

Re: OEM protection expiring---Want to install ISP supplied FREE McAfee protection.

Jump to solution

do the same thing.

exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

As you are changing suites and subscription methods yes you'd need to clean out the old one completely before installing the new one.

See FAQ TS101331

Jump to solution

Just wanted to let everyone know that the removal of the OEM protection and the installation of the ISP supplied protection went flawlessly, without any issues. I just uninstalled the OEM version with MCPR, and then used the pre-install tool and the new install went perfectly.

exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Glad you are OK now ;-)