Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 16

Re: Numerous custmer service sentiments expressed

I'm sorry but we are so busy here and after all, we are only volunteers.

You should write to McAfee President and CEO Mr Dave Dewalt.

McAfee Corporate Headquarters:
3965 Freedom Circle
Santa Clara, CA 95054
USA

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 03/05/10 11:09:48 EDT AM
Highlighted
ajacobs
Level 12
Message 12 of 16

Hi JosephK. We are not all only volunteers here, and have made our Product Management team well aware of your complaints.

April,

Thats good to hear. I look forward to hearing their responses. Any idea when that might be?

Joe

McAfee Employee tromine
McAfee Employee
Message 14 of 16

The McAfee product team opted to move to an Online Backup solution, based on market research, and purely from a pragmatic approach.  Microsoft incorporates a Backup utility, which you’ll find under Start > Accessories > System Tools.  That utility will do much of what you had been relying on McAfee Backup & Restore to handle.  However, the new McAfee Online Backup product goes a good step further, protecting you against loss due to home fires or any other local calamity which may wipe out your external hard drive or other removable storage media, kept on premises.  Bottom line:  you’ve still got a functional local backup option at no cost.  But the Online Backup product provides more secure protection, which is what McAfee is all about.

http://home.mcafee.com/store/supportDocs.aspx?prodcode=MOB

Product Manager, McAfee Consumer Software

Thank you for your insights. It one way of stating the case for the change McAfee has made - based on "market research". I suggest there are numerous other ways - maybe one based on maintaining trust with a loyal user base.

What about those of us who liked what we had? We are part of your proven market. Why can't we keep a product that looks like and works like the one we bought?

My beef is that before my subscription contract with McAfee completed its term, I have a tangible lost due to the change. On three computers, I lost the "look and feel" I researched and decided was best for managing my home network, I lost the investment of time I put in to learn to use the program as it was delivered, and I lost useful tools from the program's quiver of handy functionalities. I had a perfectly good product and was happy with it.

Now, the McAfee software in my computer is one I wasn't advised would take over for the one I bought (a very virus like action), it looks and behaves differently, it doesn't do all the things as simply or compleatly as it used to and ....... now I'm being told its good for me.

Regardless of how you spin it - I now have less value than i did from the time I made my purchase decision till the middle of last month. The right thing to do is compensate me and my ilk of XP user whom McAfee has live subscription contracts with for the value we have lost.

Joe

McAfee Employee tromine
McAfee Employee
Message 16 of 16

Joseph,

I understand your concerns.  Every product rev that contains substantive changes will end up making some people unhappy and some happier.  I was also a regular user of Local Backup, and am now undertaking the move to the Windows utility for my ongoing 'local' backup needs.  I know our Product Management team always endeavors to only make changes that will in the long run, please more customers.  Your comments are duly noted, and have been shared with Product Management for consideration.

Product Manager, McAfee Consumer Software

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community