cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krawal
Level 7

Not able to Uninstall Security Scan Plus and Install Total Protection

Hello Community Experts,

I am running MCPR (ver 9.0.103.0) to uninstall Scan Plus in windows 10 Home but nothing happens after clicking on Yes button for "Do you want allow question".

I also tried running MVT for support but Not able to install mvt too. Nothing happens after clicking on Yes Button.

What should be done to upgrade to Mcafee Total protection.

Thanks,

Kamal

0 Kudos
13 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Not able to Uninstall Security Scan Plus and Install Total Protection

MCPR wont remove Security Scan Plus as that is not part of any protection software, merely an advertising tool that downloads (if you don't monitor it) with, amongst others, Adobe products.

You have to remove it in the normal way - Control Panel > Programs and Features.

I should have added, MCPR completely removes consumer  protection products.  So if you want them, you'll need to reinstall from your online account.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Moved to Consumer General section as a better spot for it.

0 Kudos
krawal
Level 7

Hi Exbrit,

Thanks for quick response

I have purchased Total protection but could not install it. I have downloaded McAfeeSetup-AutoLogin from website (Download my purchase product).

I am getting "NSIS Error ..Error Launching Installer"

Thanks

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

This is, I assume, after you've removed both Security  Scan Plus using Control Panel > Programs and Features and the other software using MCPR?

I also assume you rebooted.  Is your system totally up to date and, if this is Windows 10, please make another browser than Edge the default, - use IE11 or Firefox/Chrome etc

Restart and retry the installation.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

If all else fails and you still can't install, call Technical Support (or use Chat), it's free:  Consumer Support

0 Kudos
meenauday
Level 7

I want to install Avast and Mcafee antivirus,

will it conflict if i use both.

Meena

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

​,

Contrary to one's belief and intentions, yes running two Anti-Virus Applications at the same time will cause conflicts. Each program's 'Realtime Scan Module' will actually work against each other, if you will. Leaving you at risk for exploitations/infections.

-CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

meenauday

Posting links to commercial businesses in your sig is considered spam and not allowed as per

I have removed the links please ensure these not used again.

exbrit
Level 21

​ - are you OK now?

0 Kudos