cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more McAfee products for 2015?

Jump to solution

I saw the news today on https://www.facebook.com/AntiVirus4U Is that true, McAfee products will not be available anymore from 2015?

What should I do if I still have a valid license?

"Intel chief executive Brian Krzanich confirmed Monday night that the company will drop the name McAfee from its big online security subsidiary, which it purchased in 2010 for $7.7 billion"

What's going on here?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 8

Re: No more McAfee products for 2015?

Jump to solution

We know no more than what has been published in the media but what I gather from it all is that the McAfee brand name will simply be replaced by the Intel brand name...all the products that are planned to continue as of now will continue to exist as will all the support departments including the forums.   It's only just been announced so I would simply keep your eyes open for more news on the subject.   You might want to subscribe to their Twitter and Facebook etc. pages.

It wasn't that long ago that Intel took over McAfee so it might be a good idea to subscribe to any Intel news feeds too.

7 Replies

Jump to solution

What is the McAfee support phone number? Maybe they will help me

exbrit
Level 21
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

It''s just a rebranding...things will continue much as they always have been.

Jump to solution

Please Ex_Brit can you explain more?

When this happens?

What changes and what about the support?

exbrit
Level 21
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

We know no more than what has been published in the media but what I gather from it all is that the McAfee brand name will simply be replaced by the Intel brand name...all the products that are planned to continue as of now will continue to exist as will all the support departments including the forums.   It's only just been announced so I would simply keep your eyes open for more news on the subject.   You might want to subscribe to their Twitter and Facebook etc. pages.

It wasn't that long ago that Intel took over McAfee so it might be a good idea to subscribe to any Intel news feeds too.

exbrit
Level 21
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Incidentally, you did ask for the Customer Service phone number.  I believe you are in Israel, am I correct?

The number is:  1809388060

Jump to solution

You are right

I contact them for additional questions

Thank you very much Ex_Brit

I will wait for updates

Message was edited by: lastmohican on 1/7/14 2:27:32 PM CST

Message was edited by: lastmohican on 1/7/14 2:32:43 PM CST
exbrit
Level 21
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

There's a web page in the making here but you'll see it links back to McAfee at present.

http://intelsecurity.com/