Here is what I sent to customer support.
Your recent update has become more nagging than I can take. I do not want to protect the rest of my PCs with McAfee, I certainly don't need A/V on my Printer, as it states I should have. If it asked me once, than that would be fine, but it seems to pop up every time I start my computer and whenever I get an new internet/network connection. This nag-ware will be the reason I do NOT want to continue with McAfee and renew my subscription. Why get nagged by paid software when I can have free A/V that doesn't nag at all. Not only that, this scan also scans inside Domain env, touching every computer. As far as I am concerned, that is a violation of not only my privacy, but also all the respective companies I contract for as well. Get rid of that scan and that annoying popup, please.
Please clarify the following:
1. What is the popup that you are getting from McAfee (please get us the screenshot of the same)
2. What type of internet connection that you are using (cable, dsl, wireless...etc)
3. Do you switch to different networks?
4. What is the version of McAfee that's installed in your computer
5. Do you have any other security programs installed in your computer, if yes what are they?
6. Please provide us the details of your printer (manufacturer name, model etc...)
Until I get the SS, here are your answers:
1) The pop-up is the sales popup to purchase and install McAfee on the rest of the computers in my network.
2) I primarily use Cable, but also tethered to cell service, use it in a Domain environmnet with various types of internet, and other random ways depending on what service my client may use.
3) Yes, I do switch between networks, this is a laptop I use for work.
4) I must be an idiot because I can't seem to find where to get the version number from this latest update. McAfee SecurityCenter is all I find. The new layout is klunky, not what I would expect from a mature company such as McAfee.
5) No other installed security products, but this is Windows 7 which uses its' own built in stuff.
6) Epson Artisan 810 is the printer/scanner/copier/fax.
Here is my computer details, attached is the full output:
System Information report written at: 08/31/10 07:04:52
System Name: JIMMY-LAPTOP
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name JIMMY-LAPTOP
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Studio XPS 1645
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 820 @ 1.73GHz, 1734 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A11, 8/3/2010
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume3
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
User Name Jimmy-Laptop\Jimmy
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 5.99 GB
Available Physical Memory 4.19 GB
Total Virtual Memory 12.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 9.28 GB
Page File Space 5.99 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys