cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frednbev2
Level 7

New version of Mcafee won't load on XP and support cannot help

Last week my Virus Scan would not operate...constant error messages that I wasn't protected.  I tried to reload Virus Scan and received message "Installation Incomplete".  After trying several times I chatted, they couldn't help, I called support in India.  I spoke to them for a total of about  12 hours over a 2 day period.  They told me to reformat my hard disk????????  I called on Monday to talk to someone in California and a supervisor was suppoed to call back but did not.  I called the president and CEO, Dave Dewalt and left a message.  He did not call back.

I guess they don't care if their new product works or not.  I have been with them for over 15 years and cannot get a return phone call????

Their service is NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
rakesh.p
Level 10

Re: New version of Mcafee won't load on XP and support cannot help

Hi frednbev2,

I am sorry for the inconvience caused to install McAfee software.

Could you please let me know the version of XP (Pro,Home) and the Service pack of XP installed on your PC, also i would like to know if XP is up to date ( Internet explorer > Tools/Safety > Windows update), install updates if available.

Please download and run MCPR tool using the link below :

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

After which re-start your computer once and then try downloading McAfee software.

Hope these steps helps you to fix your problem, if you have already performed these steps then let me know....

Regards,

Rakesh P

McAfee Technical Support

0 Kudos