cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New computer windows 10 and Mcafee virus plus are they compatible

Just bought new computer that runs windows 10 have tried to install my antivirus plus on it but keeps kicking it saying it is unable to install and try again.

It downloads but when it installs get message half way through that it is not able to install for a reason but do not remember at this time.
Have had techs working this forever. Need to get it settled.
Is the anti Virus plus compatible with windows 10?

Using chrome as browser.

on a side note computer came with 30 day trial for McAfee live safe which I have NOT  activated.

38 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 39

Re: New computer windows 10 and Mcafee virus plus are they compatible

Moved this to General Discussions.

Yes the software  is Windows 10 compatible - as available from the McAfee download pages.

But you must uninstall any existing security software first.  If you don't want Live Safe then you must uninstall all of it via Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Reboot if asked, then run the MCPR cleanup tool and reboot once more.

Install your Antivirus Plus from the online account.

That has been done numerous times by the techs that are trying to help me. This has been going on for two weeks at least and they keep moving me up the ladder for help with no resolutions at the time. They have worked remotely on my computer. I am at a loss.

exbrit
Level 21
Message 4 of 39

Try setting Internet Explorer as your default browser for this purpose only.

exbrit
Level 21
Message 5 of 39

Where exactly are these techs?   I can't believe the proper McAfee Technical Support would fail, even at their first attempt, to succeed.

Try again here:  Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Give them the case ID number you were given and ask them to escalate the issue.

I tried with the Microsoft edge that is now the main browser and get to the same place that I have the whole time. It says." We could not install any of the security features included with your software. To fix try installing again."

In response to your question about the tech support. i started on the main support level 8/22/2015 I think  and they have continued to escalate the situation up the ladder,. I have had two from the escalations without success

First from regular gech

Thank you for contacting McAfee Consumer Support.

We have recently opened a Service Request for support based on the information you provided us at our support website. Below you will find the details of this request for your reference.

This was the last one dated 9/6/2015 omitting the service request number from escalations

McAfee Tier2 Escalations

Your case is under discussion from our research team. We will get back to you to take care of the issue once we get a further update from our research team at the earliest within 48 hours.

Thank you for choosing McAfee.

I have been on with them for up to 4 hours at a time and I have almost depleted my data usage for the month on this.

exbrit
Level 21
Message 7 of 39

Both Edge and Chrome have severe restrictions in place by default.  I said to try with Internet Explorer, which is also a part of Windows 10.

exbrit
Level 21
Message 8 of 39

Your Windows 10, I assume it's the RTM public version, not any developer version?

My computer was purchased direct from HP and it is the home and the only thing changed from the original computer was it was bumped up to 8  instead of 4 memory I am so tired I think that I have the correct.

Will try to keep you updated of any progress.

Thanks for your help.

exbrit
Level 21
Message 10 of 39

Thanks for the update ;-)