cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soumyab
Level 9

New Version

Jump to solution

McAfee started rolling out new version?(Ver 15.1) I'm from India,stll using Ver 14.0..In some posts(in this forum),I saw some people are using latest version

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
soumyab
Level 9

Re: New Version

Jump to solution

sorry for late reply,but the problem is..I have checked for update in the morning,and it says I'm on the latest update,but still it is 14.0,so I think in India McAfee will release that version in a few days..normally everything is fine

0 Kudos
13 Replies
1-2-3
Level 7

Jump to solution

I suspect this could be malware and not McAfee.

Be very carefull !

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

And How did you come to that assumption, I ask?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
1-2-3
Level 7

Jump to solution

Because with this new version number insecure connections goes up with thousands of %

See my pots in General Discussion

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

That simply means that the *Layered Protection* is blocking suspicious incoming connections. I see the same in my Security History. This is a good thing. It could be that the 'Timing' of the attempted connection is being detected.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
1-2-3
Level 7

Jump to solution

It is a bad thing. Now way I have thousands of insecure connections a day. This software is faulty.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

1-2-3 wrote:

It is a bad thing. Now way I have thousands of insecure connections a day. This software is faulty.

You are not understanding what you are seeing.  Those are BLOCKED connections.  The software is telling you how good it is at blocking unwanted connections.

0 Kudos
1-2-3
Level 7

Jump to solution

With other software it is a few a day.

This info from McAfee is not true. Our IT department has confirmed it. On top of that McAfee proudly reports this data being up to date up to March 5th. But it is March 12th now.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Different products work in different ways and display different information.

If you'd prefer to believe them over people here with years of experience with the product I would suggest you go with another product.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

​,

Could you confirm if your issues have been addressed?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos