cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with activating!

Jump to solution

Hello, i bought new Toshiba laptop and it had installed McAfee Antivirus Plus 2013 on it. From the store they gave me an activation key which I could use to activate a 1year free use of the program but i cant find where to enter this code. So please can u help me finding the place where i could activate it because my current subscription expires after 11days(i had the subscription when i bought the laptop)!

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Need help with activating!

Jump to solution

I activated it Thank u alot!!!

12 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 13

Jump to solution

Jump to solution

Well, i found this page some time ago but my country is not listed in the list of countries and i cant activate it. I tried with another country but it says the code is not valid for that country. Any ideas what should i do?

exbrit
Level 21
Message 4 of 13

Jump to solution

The contact Customer Service by phone or online chat.  You'll see the link here: http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=CS41007&lc=2057

or under Useful Links at the top of this page.  If country isn't listed then here:  http://service.mcafee.com/faq/country.html

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 21/04/13 6:50:14 EDT AM

Jump to solution

I downloaded the technical support program but i still dont find the way to continue my subsription

exbrit
Level 21
Message 6 of 13

Jump to solution

Downloaded?   Support may ask you to install a GotoAssist applet so they can link up with your machine.  Is that what you mean?    If that doesn't work then you should be asking them.

I will alert some people my end too to see if they can help but may not be until Monday.

Jump to solution

I installed McAfee Virtual Technician and i wrote and e-mail to the Custom Service and they told me to folow some steps. Some of them are

"1. Locate the Download URL on the back of your Retail Card.

2. Navigate to this URL in your web browser.

3. Follow the instructions provided on the page:

4. If you are prompted to select a country, select the language you purchased at the store."

1. The download ulr is "www.mcafee.com/ToshibaAntiVirus" - Is this the correct url?

4. I dont know what language i have purchased at the store. Im in Bulgaria - so it has to be bulgarian. Any ideas?

exbrit
Level 21
Message 8 of 13

Jump to solution

That URL seems to be correct, it leads here:  http://home.mcafee.com/root/ecards.aspx?affid=642&pkgid=276&cid=117058

Maybe the store can help you?   They could at least tell you where they got it from.

Was it a local store or online?  If online it could be anywhere.

Anyway I emailed someone to help here, but it may take a while for them to answer.

Jump to solution

I activated it Thank u alot!!!

exbrit
Level 21
Message 10 of 13

Jump to solution

That's great, what language/Country did you finally use?