cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
btp
Level 7

Need advice McAfee Live safe - Renewal sub or buying new one?

Have McAfee live safe and think I can get better deal by buying a new one rather than renewing sub. Can I download new one without removing the old files i.e also keep my True Key details?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Need advice McAfee Live safe - Renewal sub or buying new one?

Discussion successfully moved from Community Support to General Discussion

Note: Removed from Moderation Queue.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

You can call customer service they will explain the best way to do it. Also if you stir them them might be able to match the other price for renewing your current subscription. They can offer quite good discounts if you ask nicely.

Customer service

There is a tool available that can transfer the subscription details to the new product provided it is the same product ie Livesafe replacing Livesafe. Customer service or Support would assist but try a discount first.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

​,

Simply make certain you have your "Auto Renewal" settings turned off. You can contact Customer Service just before your present subscription expires. And generally the majority of time can negotiate at a minimum of 50% % off your normal subscription price.

And yes, you will be required to uninstall your current software, and follow up with the McAfee MCPR tool to remove all remnants, before going to your account and installing.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos