cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the_iceman
Level 7

Need Help!!!

Hello all!!!

I have just purchased McAfee Antivirus. I looked at my services in the system configuration as you can see in my attachment.

My question is, I have the firewall turned off, and I know I need some running for McAfee to work, but do I really need ALL of these other services running?

My system has slowed down since I installed McAfee Antivirus, especially when starting programs.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Cheers!!!

0 Kudos
25 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Need Help!!!

When you first install the software it takes a while to settle in as it has to look at all the applications you have installed.  After that things should run smoothly.  You should NOT be interfering with any of the core services.  If you don't want to run McAfee Personal Firewall you should open the interface and turn it off there.  But make sure another firewall takes its place or you will quickly be overrun with malware bots.

If you need help it's available free of charge by phone or online chat, phone is best.

Contact Support

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Moved to Consumer > General Discussion > Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

I would also ask if you have 15.1 installed or 14.10R0. 15.1 is a tad different in install options and a smaller footprint.

0 Kudos
the_iceman
Level 7

It is the 15.1 installed.

And, this has been on my system for a week now and I use it every day. System still very SLOW...

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Maybe run the MVT program and see if anything is found. Support then next port of call unless you want to try a removal and reinstallation?

MVT

Remove and reinstall Mcafee

Support portal

I assume your PC is not old. Can you open task manager and see what process is hogging CPU/Memory?

0 Kudos
the_iceman
Level 7

Yes. My system is W7 Home Premium, i7 Quad Core with 8GB of ram, and a nVidea GTX660m graphics.

I had already re-installed with no luck. I did look at the processes and the McAfee Cloud seemed to be eating up the most resources.

So I went into services.msc and disabled it. I don't need cloud services.

Now I'll have to wait and see if that helped...

Cheers!!!

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

I think the software refers to a Cloud database more and more as newer versions come out, so not sure what effect that will have but good luck.

;-)

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

My cloud AV process is small footprint and not using cpu at all. In services I seem not to find Mcafee cloud services what was the name of it?

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

I also am finding slowness when opening any emails on my desktop that have pictures loading from outside, but not noticing slowness elsewhere.

0 Kudos