cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name resolution for the name sac.gti.mcafee.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Jump to solution

I am running windows 7 (up to date) with McAfee LiveSafe (automatic updates) and have been reviewing my Event Log (in respect of something else). 

Anyhow, the questionI have here is why I am getting the message "Name resolution for the name sac.gti.mcafee.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded." in the System Events section towards the end of booting up my PC?

There are no other Warnings relating to DNS Client Events.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Name resolution for the name sac.gti.mcafee.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Jump to solution

If your McAfee UI is 'Green' and 'You are secure' I would not be concerned. To ease your mind, you can ping sac.gti.mcafee.com . If all is well, it should have sent (4) packets and received (4)

On my machine it came back with the IP Address 8.18.25.26 ( sac.gti.mcafee.akadns.net )  [ 8.18.25.26 ]

You may also check the Site Advisor Server Siteadvisor.com - Is McAfee SiteAdvisor Down Right Now?

I might add that over time the DNS Cache can become polluted, if you will. However since you are not experiencing any other Events. I see no reason or need to 'Flush/Reset' it. Especially if all is functioning properly.

All the Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
3 Replies

Re: Name resolution for the name sac.gti.mcafee.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Jump to solution

If your McAfee UI is 'Green' and 'You are secure' I would not be concerned. To ease your mind, you can ping sac.gti.mcafee.com . If all is well, it should have sent (4) packets and received (4)

On my machine it came back with the IP Address 8.18.25.26 ( sac.gti.mcafee.akadns.net )  [ 8.18.25.26 ]

You may also check the Site Advisor Server Siteadvisor.com - Is McAfee SiteAdvisor Down Right Now?

I might add that over time the DNS Cache can become polluted, if you will. However since you are not experiencing any other Events. I see no reason or need to 'Flush/Reset' it. Especially if all is functioning properly.

All the Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Jump to solution

Thanks.  It is green and states 'You are secure'.

Ping gives me sac.gti.mcafee.com [161.69.165.56] bytes 32 time=17ms TTL=51

for 4 packets each way and none lost.  So it seems perfectly OK.   Thanks.

I will keep an eye out in case it reappears.  I've not had a working event log for some time, and just fixed it today. I've been trying to work out why my PC closes, and am now looking into each warning or critical event to try and work out if they are impacting on it.

Jump to solution

Glad that all is OK

All the very Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer