cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED HELP?

I have McAfee Internet Security installed in three computers. A notebook running Windows Vista Home, another notebook running windows XP and a third desktop computer running Windows Vista Business N. All Windows are Greek versions.

At 14th of July in the morning when I started my Windows Vista Business N desktop computer, McAfee did a long update and requested that I restart my computer, which I did. When the computer restarted it crashed with a blue screen. This happened several times. I was only able to boot it in safe mode without networking. After trying many things including restoring the boot.ini, restoring the MBR etc. using the Vista recovery CD, finally I tried to restore the computer to a previous checkpoint using the Vista recovery CD. The checkpoint I used for the restoration was right before the McAfee upgrade. This checkpoint was mentioned in the list of checkpoints as the first one and was saying something about McAfee Inc. upgrade, Network Service. Anyway after restoring to the previous checkpoint before the McAfee update the computer booted normally. Then McAfee did again an update but this time it didn’t request restarting the PC. As far as I could tell the only problem left from all this was that the McAfee Security Center user interface window was a little bit cropped at the right side and I was not able to resize this window.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Reply
Reliable Contributor daniel_b
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: NEED HELP?

Please, read the

System Requirements

https://www.mcafee.com/consumer/en-us/store/m0/system_requirements.html

You need to upgrade Windows. 

Operating System

• Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7 (32- and 64-bit)
  • Mac OS X 10.11 or later
  • Google Android smartphones and tablets 4.1 or higher
  • Apple iOS 9 or later

Internet Connection Required

• High-speed connection recommended

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community