cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My system is sooooooooo slow after McAfee security suite

Hi all,

Telecom NZ lets customers install McAfee security suite for free. I have uninstalled Eset NOD32 and installed Mcafee. For days now my system runs slower than with a 56k dial up line. After switching on my system it takes about 3 to 6 min for firefox to bring up google. Sorry guys, this is the worst software I have ever installed. I will buy NOD32 again and get rid of this MONSTER SOFTWARE.

3 Replies

Re: My system is sooooooooo slow after McAfee security suite

When you uninstalled nod32 did you use its own removal tool? Not doing so can leave bits of it that clash with a Mcafee install? That said some users are seeing net co=nnection slow speeds since an update on 28 April and Mcafee is looking into it. All my family's 9 PCs boot and connect fine so there is something Mcafee is clashing with. Do you have bonjour installed? That does at this time clash with mcafee.

Hayton
Level 18
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Moved out of Security Awareness into Home & Home Office General Discussion.

And it might help if the poster told us what his system specs are, and what upload/download speeds he gets through Telecom NZ.

Hi all,

problem got worse. could not go to google via firefox nor IE. system just froze. Uninstalled Mcafee, purchased NOD32 and my system works fine. Sorry guys, will never ever touch anything(even if its free) from McAfee.

Bert