cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My computer won't acknowledge the disc for McAfee Total Protection

I am currently trying to install McAfee Total Protection 2010 onto my computer but my computer won't acknowledge that there is a disc inserted. After i put in the cd it still says that it is empty. I have used this disc on my parents computer so I know that it works. Can anyone help me figure out what to do to make it work?

5 Replies

Re: My computer won't acknowledge the disc for McAfee Total Protection

Hello Sir,

As i understand that your Mcafee total protection disk is not recognized on your computer but works on your parents compute, this can be a problem with the CD Rom which is not recognized or it can be an issue with the file permission that you have given to that particular drive.

If you could reply with the Operating System. I will send you a few tools that can help you in sorting the issue.

Regards,

Rakesh Shinde.

McAfee Techincal Support.

thank you for taking the time to help me figure this out. i am working using windows vista. umm i think that's what you mean by operating system right? i'm not really good with the technical stuff on the computer. i know that the cd drive on my computer works because i use it for other things. but when i put the disc in it just doesn't do anything at all and doesn't show that there is a disc in it.  thanks again Katrina

Dinz
Level 16
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 6

Hi Katrina,

Did you check with some other cd’s ? So that we could diagnose whether it’s a problem with the cd drive , as you say the cd works in other computers .
Also let me know the version of you internet explorer (open IE, click help - click about internet explorer).

Regards,
Dinesh K

Hello,

I belive that there a few settings to this drive which is hiding these files in the CD because it works on your parents computer.

So please try this

open that CD drive clicks on tools >folder options>shown hidden folders.

this might resolve the issue.

Regards,

Rakesh Shinde

McAfee Technical Support.

i can't open that drive...you can not open it unless there is a cd inserted and then it just opens whatever is inserted. except in the case of the cd i am trying to run. and i don't have a tools option when i right click on that drive (it is the E drive on my computer) and yes the drive itself works cause other cds work. the only option that comes up that i can change anything is the properties...and those options aren't in there either.