cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My computer keeps saying it's at risk. My antivirus subscription shouldn't be up yet

My computer keeps telling me it's at risk and how many days it's been unprotected. I purchased the computer in January and bought a year (maybe 2) of protection. I had my computer fixed due to a bug with windows 8 in June. Could it have done something to my software? I don't physically have the antivirus CD with me to re-install as I left it in my old office out of state. I could have my co-worker mail it to me if that's what I need to do. Any help is appreciated!

3 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: My computer keeps saying it's at risk. My antivirus subscription shouldn't be up yet

It's possible something corrupted the software.  You don't need a CD as your software is always available through your online account, which would have been created when you activated, or verified, the installation.

I would uninstall via Control Panel > Programs and Features, reboot if asked to, then run the MCPR cleanup tool, reboot, then install from the online account.

It's all outlined here:  How to uninstall or re-install supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool

If you have a problem finding your online account, phone Customer Service, it's free.  The link is below.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Re: My computer keeps saying it's at risk. My antivirus subscription shouldn't be up yet

P.S. a hint to speed things up...download the installer file first and save it to your desktop.

I would follow Colleague Ex_Brit's suggestions. Having said this...Was it your Windows ' Action Center ' warning you, or your Web Advisor? Just out of curiosity I am asking...

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer