cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Events about MS Security Center with Mcafee Livesafe installed

HI.  Is anyone seeing many events like this comng from Microsoft Security Center in the Event Log:

Error while updating  status to SECURITY_PRODUCT_STATE_OFF (error 02000000).

Any suggestions on how to stop these would be appreciated.  I have the latest Windows 10 updates and Mcafee updates (Livesafe) installed

0 Kudos
2 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Multiple Events about MS Security Center with Mcafee Livesafe installed

​,

Moved to Consumer > General Discussion > Discussions

I am certain my Colleague will pick up this thread and add to the discussion. As he is more familiar with Windows 10 than I am. I have had similar instances in the past of Windows Security Center not recognizing McAfee. Usually a 'Re-Boot' resolved the issue in (Windows 7 Sp1).

All the Best,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Multiple Events about MS Security Center with Mcafee Livesafe installed

Is this an Insider Edition of Windows 10 (not compatible) or a regular one and is it up to date?

Windows SecurityCenter should only be telling you that McAfee controls antivirus and firewall, nothing else should be happening there.

If you had other security software active did you completely uninstall it?

Run the Virtual Technician to see if it fixes it, if not Technical Support is also linked on that page (see "Contact Support") and it is free.  If at first they can't help ask for an escalation.

http://mvt.mcafee.com/