I have two subscriptions to Mcafee Internet Security.
The first subscription had all of its licenses used, so I got a second subscription to connect a new fourth machine too. This was about a year ago.
Two of the machines are no longer in use, so about 2 months ago I canceled the first subscription (this subscription runs out today (30 Sept 11).
I moved the remaining machine that was connected to the first subscription to the second (I completely uninstalled the software, and reinstall it from the mcafee account page).
This showed up correctly in the mcafee control panel and on the account page it said (and still does) that two of the licenses are in use on the second subscription.
Today I get a warning that the subscription is expiring and I need to renew, I check the detials and the mcafee control panel shows that the subscription runs out today (30 Sept 11),
not as it once had 10 Mat 2012, which is the date of expriy for the second subscription.
If I check the second subscription on the account page it shows the two pcs are correctly connected to it, and the names displayed are correct...
any ideas on how to fix this?
This link may give you some assistance with your issue. https://community.mcafee.com/message/167399#167399
In the event you still cannot resolve your subscription information then a telephone call to Customer Service would be the next step. They should be able to sort it out for you.
As Tom suggests Customer service is the best go.
You should have moved the remaining subscription via the subscription repair tool but you would not have know that. ie
But too late now (at least I thought so). Is the old subscription showing up in your account as well still?Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 5/10/11 7:18:54 AM
This sort of subscription issues could be easily rectified with the help of subscription repair tool. Please click on this link http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100966 and follow the instructions that should take care of your issue permanently .
Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 29/10/11 7:43:19 PMMessage was edited by: Peacekeeper on 29/10/11 7:46:09 PM
I deleted all the attached computers from the inactive subscription and reinstall again and it was working completely fine.
Now three weeks later my computer tells me that my subscription expired a month ago and I need to buy and renew the subcription to fix the problem!!! It has once again attached itself to a completely inactive subscription... which had no computers attached to it anymore.
This is getting majorly annoying... I'm start to think its doing it deliberately to make me spend money!!
Your link above the subscription repair tool doesn't work.
Try using it to put the subscription on the correct account. You can contact Tech support and get them to do this. Maybe when you do ask for an escalation if original tech not sure.