cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mcafee installation no longer exists!

Jump to solution

Hello all,

I have just purchased a new Dell Inspiron 13 laptop. The laptop came with windows 8 and Mcafee Total protection subscription for 12 months. I upgraded my windows 8 to windows 10 through the normal steps provided by Microsoft; however after upgrading, I could not find the software (Mcafee), and I do not have a product key to  activate it if downloaded. Can you please help me out with this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 8

Re: Mcafee installation no longer exists!

Jump to solution

Did you already remove what's left of McAfee?

Did Dell or whomever give you a disc with the software on it by any chance?

If not try running the Virtual Technician as it may be able to repair what is already there, although I doubt it from what you've said and in my experience it can't repair when the system has been upgraded.  No harm in trying though::  https://mvt.mcafee.com/

Otherwise I suggest you contact Technical Support by phone, it's free, here:  Contact Support

7 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Moved this to the General Discussion area.

System upgrades often mess up anti-malware installations so it's always best to uninstall them first, then reinstall afterwards.

Go to Control Panel > Programs anbd Features and uninstall anything listed under the McAfee name.

Reboot if asked to.

Then run the MCPR Cleanup Tool and reboot.

Go to your online account and reinstall from there.

This is especially important as Windows 10 requires the very latest version of the software in order to work properly.

Good luck ;-)

Jump to solution

Hello Ex_Brit,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your reply, I have never imagined that I will get a reply on discussion community.

Anyway, I followed your steps, however my doubt is, when i first used my laptop, I did not link the subscription to any account, I created the account after the OS upgrade; therefore, when going to my online account, I find it empty.

Please do not tell me that I am requested to roll back to windows 8 to link the subscription to my account and then upgrade the OS...Please!

exbrit
Level 21
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Did you already remove what's left of McAfee?

Did Dell or whomever give you a disc with the software on it by any chance?

If not try running the Virtual Technician as it may be able to repair what is already there, although I doubt it from what you've said and in my experience it can't repair when the system has been upgraded.  No harm in trying though::  https://mvt.mcafee.com/

Otherwise I suggest you contact Technical Support by phone, it's free, here:  Contact Support

Jump to solution

Could you kindly inform us if your issues have been resolved,or if you require further assistance?

Thank you,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Jump to solution

Hello CD,

My issues have been resolved in a very satisfactory way. Thank you!

Regards,

Mina William

Jump to solution

Hi Mina,

Thank you for your quick response. Glad that all is okay now Could you kindly mark Colleague Ex_Brit's answer as Correct please? This way we can consider it resolved/answered.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Jump to solution

Thank you

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer