cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greenbayl
Level 7

Mcafee cant update and i cant get into the help section of website

I am using windows Vista home premium and internet explorer 8. When i try and use Mcafee it comes up with a message telling me it can't update and to go to the help section or the Mcafee website, when i do this and click the help it opens up another window and tells me that i have no internet connection (when i have) i have a message now on the Mcafee saying that my computer is at risk and honestly dont know what to do, can anyone please help?????

0 Kudos
4 Replies
bigred
Level 7

Re: Mcafee cant update and i cant get into the help section of website

Good luck. As you can see from my post below I had a similar issue. Any not much help here. Looks like a virus got past mcafee and will not allow me to reinstall any virus protection. Have to rebuild the system which is more than 8 yrs old.

0 Kudos
greenbayl
Level 7

Thanks for the reply bigred i had similar problem last month and had to resore my pc to factory settings then it would let me reinstall. But again Mcafee has let a virus through and im getting these new problems im feeling really let down by Mcafee

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hi greenbayl,

May I know whether do we receive any pop ups from any other security software in eth computer ?
Also post me with a screen shot of the error message you receive from mcafee .
Do you have any other security software installed in the computer ?

Regards,
Dinesh K

0 Kudos
bigred
Level 7

GreenBay,

They will suggest that ad-aware and malware programs conflict with McAfee. I removed all and this have problems. Rebuilding the system will be interesting for me as it is 8yrs old and more of the backups are cloned with the virus.

BigRed Go Badgers.

0 Kudos