cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pote
Level 7

Mcafee cannot stop or even detect antispyis malware!

I have the Cox Security Suite powered by McAfee and get virus updates daily, but this software could not stop the infection or, or detect the presence of antispyis malware.  This is not a new, overnight sensation malware, search the web and you can find tons on info on it.  But no search of the WHOLE McAfee site returns any info at all on antispyis.  Malwarebytes is the #1 solution for this problem.  You'd think that a 'big name" company like McAfee would know how to fix this problem, but NOPE.  What a joke.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Mcafee cannot stop or even detect antispyis malware!

None of the antivirus makers will catch these fake or rogue anti-malware agents as they aren't really infections at all but can cause major problems depending on what people click.

Removal guide here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-antivirus-scan

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 10/01/11 7:29:44 EST PM
0 Kudos
pote
Level 7

Malware is malware - what kind of excuse is it to say Macafffe cannot detect this malware?  Why have a security product that provides virus protection, worm protection, phishing protection but still my computer is unusable due to the fact that every application that is launched is blocked and 'protection' is an extortion attempt?  What - did the mainstream virus protection companies not pay this malware provider for developing and then 'curing' the problem?

Guess who will never be buying Macaffeee in the future...

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Your choice...I don't think you'll find any of the antivirus applications out there will detect it.

You obviously don't believe me so go ahead and try them,. they all have free trial versions.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 10/01/11 7:31:40 EST PM
0 Kudos
ConorD62
Level 12

If you don't have Malwarebytes, then it is you're own fault, it is the very best at detecting malware, seeing as it is dedicated to it.

Don't try blame you're AV, because all of them won't detect.

0 Kudos
pcond17
Level 7

Hi

I have been hit by malware twice and had my computer hijacked.  Both times I attempted stuff written up in posts on various locations and was unsuccessful in each instance.  Both times I resolved the issue by using the Windows System Restore function and got a beautiful uncompromised system back pretty much immediately.

Regards

Patrick

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

pcond17 wrote:

Hi

I have been hit by malware twice and had my computer hijacked.  Both times I attempted stuff written up in posts on various locations and was unsuccessful in each instance.  Both times I resolved the issue by using the Windows System Restore function and got a beautiful uncompromised system back pretty much immediately.

Regards

Patrick

Which is fine if it works, as long as you update any time-sensitive applications such as antivirus, Windows Updates etc. afterwards.

0 Kudos