cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RPH
Level 7

Mcafee Won't Update - Malware Infection ?

Jump to solution

Hi,

After multiple re-installations and contacting tech support with no resolution I assume that my system must have some form of malware or something to that affect that is stopping macfee from updating although my system has showed no signs of anything being wrong.

So my question is; what is the best free program I can use to check and clean my system from any infections ?

Can someone please help me through this process; it would be greatly appreciated.....

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JaiPrakash
Level 12

Re: Mcafee Won't Update - Malware Infection ?

Jump to solution

Hi RPH,

We have sent you an email to proceed with a  call back from our team to fix this issue , please check your email and reply back so that we may proceed further on this issue .

Regards,

0 Kudos
61 Replies
spc3rd
Level 10

Jump to solution

Hi RPH,

Sorry to hear you are having the update difficulties. * I see that Moderator Hayton & some others were helping you with this same issue back on March 3rd in another post you made in the forums at the folllowing link:

https://community.mcafee.com/message/231018#231018

It is generally best to remain with your original post about this problem rather than making another post.  This may cause confusion and a delay in receiving needed help from others.  Until they can arrive to review your post. you might want to try downloading and running Malwarebytes FREE from the following link:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free

Make sure you download the FREE version, NOT the TRIAL one.  Once it is installed, make sure to update it first, then run a FULL scan with it.  If the program finds anything, it will place it in the quarantine area.  After the scan completes, you can review any items that were found by clicking on the QUARANTINE tab at the top of the user interface.

Please post back and let us know how the scan went.

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 3/12/12 7:29:17 AM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 3/12/12 7:36:12 AM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 3/12/12 7:37:35 AM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 3/12/12 7:38:44 AM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 3/12/12 7:42:23 AM EDT
0 Kudos
RPH
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I will run a scan and let you know how it goes !

RPH

0 Kudos
RPH
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Pete,

Scan just finished and found one item.

I attached the log. Please advise me on what to do if you can.

Thanks !

RPH

0 Kudos
spc3rd
Level 10

Jump to solution

Greetings again RPH,

The MBAM log indicates a backdoor bot was found on your computer (1 infected file).  If you have not already done so, please open the Malwarebytes program (MBAM for short), click on the QUARANTINE tab, highlight the infected file shown in the list, delete it and reboot your computer - very important.  After you have rebooted, please perform another full scan with Malwarebytes, and post back with the results.

Thank you.

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 3/12/12 4:19:46 PM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 3/12/12 4:20:26 PM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 3/12/12 4:21:04 PM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 3/12/12 4:22:19 PM EDT
0 Kudos
RPH
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi,

So is it safe to remove the file ? It is not a mistake and will not corrupt my system, correct ?

What does this file do ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

We aren't really qualified to say here.  You should be asking that on the MBAM Forums:  http://forums.malwarebytes.org//

Or run Hijackthis and post its log on one of their support forums.  The details of that are at the bottom of the last link in my signature.

0 Kudos
RPH
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

I removed the file and ran another scan. Computer found nothing.

Problem is that my Mcafee still WON'T UPDATE.

Please help me !

Thanks

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Make sure Malwarebytes is updated and then boot into Safe Mode by tapping F8 repeatedly while booting up and run it there.   To make sure you are OK.

0 Kudos
RPH
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi,

I did this and it says there is nothing to be found on my pc.

Please help me to fix this; i don't know what to do !?

Thanks

0 Kudos