cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zack221
Level 7

Mcafee False Positive on Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum?

Hi, every time I start RCT3 platinum, McAfee picks up Artemis![bunch of letters and numbers]. It picks it up on the Autorun file on the CD. I am absolutely positive it is not a virus attaching itself to the CD because My computer is absolutely clean from viruses because I run Full scans every 2-3 days. And its a Brand new CD from the store so its obviously a false-positive. It didn't happen during Installation however, just whenever I play the game; The game still runs fine though. This gets very annoying, how can I stop it besides turning McAfee off? Additional Info-- McAfee Program: Total Protection | Windows Version: Vista Home Premium (Service Pack 2) | Affected Programs: Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum | Exact Location of The False Positive: E:/Autorun.exe | Type of Virus: Artemis![numbers and letters]

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DoZe
Level 9

Re: Mcafee False Positive on Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum?

Hey , post the exact Artemis detection number+letters and if it is a false positive it will be removed in short time. Cheers

0 Kudos
Zack221
Level 7

I'm not sure if McAfee is mistaking it for a Real virus or if its just a False positive of what might be a virus, but here it is:

Artemis!9BA43FB3DC26

0 Kudos
Aldrin
Level 12

Could you please let know the DAT version details of McAfee VirusScan

0 Kudos
Zack221
Level 7

I think I have the latest but how do I check?

0 Kudos
Aldrin
Level 12

Hope this should help you to find those information...

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

You could try the processes described here: https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

0 Kudos
Zack221
Level 7

oh ok:

Version: 14.5

Build Version: 14.5.113

Latest Update: 10/17/2010

DAT Version: 6139

DAT Creation Date: 10/17/2010

Engine Version: 5400.1158

0 Kudos
Aldrin
Level 12

Looks like the programs (DAT files) are not up to date, can you check for updates and then observe the status!

0 Kudos