Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newjack
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Mcafee 2011 update Question

Jump to solution

HI, I had a Question about the new 2011 version of Mcafee and updating.I will be away for about 10 days.As I will be getting married .So my Machine will be shut down.I already know that I will not recieve any updates for this time period.Does anyone know if I will be able to just update Mcafee 2011 when I return?Or will I have to uninstall and reinstall.I have had issues in the past with Mcafee and long periods without an update.   Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
k3tg
Level 14
Message 2 of 5

Re: Mcafee 2011 update Question

Jump to solution

You should be able to receive the updates when you turn your machine back on and be up to date when the updates are installed. I do not believe that uninstalling and reinstalling will be necessary.

Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage and thanks for your help here on the forums.

4 Replies
k3tg
Level 14
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

You should be able to receive the updates when you turn your machine back on and be up to date when the updates are installed. I do not believe that uninstalling and reinstalling will be necessary.

Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage and thanks for your help here on the forums.

Jump to solution

Ditto congrats. The upgrade usually works fine it did on my kids PCs.

Enjoy your time away together

newjack
Level 12
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

First Off. Thanks to both of you on your nice thoughts. Second If I am away for say 10 days,I should be able to update from the main interface or just update from the icon? Or does it matter.I thought I had problems when I went away last time.Although this was a differant version.  Thanks again

Jump to solution

Update should pickup new version ready.