cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
corsa1r
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 81 of 166

Re: McUICnt.exe steals the current windows focus every 3 hours. How can I stop this?

Jump to solution

I installed Dell SupportAssist as a last minute thing just to check and make sure I hadn't neglected to install anything driver-wise.  It doesn't run in the background or anything so I figured it was a non-issue. Also, Seatools for Windows and stuff. Just stuff I wouldn't think would have anything to do with it. Itunes, apple software update, .net framework, speedfan, evgaprecision. MSI ODD Monitor.

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 82 of 166

Re: McUICnt.exe steals the current windows focus every 3 hours. How can I stop this?

Jump to solution

Well I don't think anything there would interact.   Let's see what Peacekeeper has to say.

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 83 of 166

Jump to solution

You can try the uninstall/reinstall path will not hurt  also try start run and services.msc and check what services are loaded maybe disable any that are not McAfee or Microsoft and check if still occurs.

We are only stabbing in the dark as only 3 or so users have reported it and support needs to have a look if what we suggested is no help.

lwjackn
Not applicable
Message 84 of 166

Jump to solution

Just to add to the list of people dealing with this annoyance...

Raises hand!

This particular issue only started after installing McAfee web adviser on top of All access Total Protection a couple of weeks ago. I notice it most with Facebook as I'm on there a lot and it will pull this stunt on me while typing or some other miniscule thing in the average operation of using windows, like volume sliders or whatever. It's not every three hours either like others here. On top of that it is bogging down the OS something fierce with hard drive and network operations, and just opening a window to view a directory is like swimming in molasses. I'm getting frequent blue sphincter busy pointers, sluggish response, etc.

I'm having bigger issues with this software suite as far as automatic updates go. It seems like every other update will either lock up at 75% or fail to the point where I have to run the virtual technician at least once a week.

I had to remove Web Site Adviser completely, I also removed Site Key as well. A bit better, but it's still locked in that perpetual loop of 75% that it has been for a couple days now.

I'm going to remove it completely and reinstall the core app for now after I get the latest installer downloaded.

This is a Lenovo laptop with an A8 AMD processor (4 cores), 8 Gig of RAM under Windows 8.1 with a 1 Tb hard disc. Oodles of free space and at least 6 gig of free Ram in windows, don't really understand why I should have so many problems with this program. It's not like it is choked with too many processes or apps in the background.Will respond after I go through this whole process for the umpteenth time.

Reliable Contributor
Message 85 of 166

Jump to solution

Site Key ? Can you clarify?

Reliable Contributor
Message 86 of 166

Jump to solution

What ever is meant by that is really irrelevant anyway as we can't help you here.  You'll have to allow Technical Support access and escalate that process if necessary as Peacekeeper has explained.

lwjackn
Not applicable
Message 87 of 166

Jump to solution

Well I just got done uninstalling the whole ball of wax, restart, running MCPR afterwards, restarted again, and then reinstalled new through my subscription.

Everything is back to the way it should be with system response and even the focus issue is gone...

Don't know why it started doing that a couple weeks ago when I added Site Advisor. No matter it's fixed for now. Now I wait and see if the update gets through it's update without issue.

McAfee Site Key was an additional module that came with my purchase of Multi Access Total Protection from Tiger Direct. Wasn't using it so I removed it anyway. My issues started after installing Site Advisor last time. this time it seems fine. We'll see for how long...

Cheers!

Reliable Contributor
Message 88 of 166

Jump to solution

Good.

You have All Access, so SiteAdvisor is already included in that.  SiteAdvisor is evolving into WebAdvisor so if you now have SiteAdvisor again, it will eventually upgrade to WebAdvisor and that can't be avoided.

Having done some searching I know know what SiteKey, is thanks.   I'm wondering if that somehow clashes?  Only Technical Support could really troubleshoot that aspect of it.

Anyway, let's hope it stays stable for you.   If not then Support is your best bet.

jaxmoto
Not applicable
Message 89 of 166

Jump to solution

Just wanted to add to the pile of people popping up with this issue.

Every 3 hours there is a loss of focus.  Sometimes it simply returns to the open app, but other times I'm hitting keys and it causes some problems.  I have tried everything mentioned here.  I also completely uninstalled, ran MCPR and then installed only virus scan and firewall, nothing else (it stopped while uninstalled).  Notifications are all off...  it still persists.  The only thing I have not done is turned off error reporting in Windows, shouldn't need to do that to simply get MAV to work.

Unfortunately I have years and years of MAV I got on sale.  Use it at work so I decided to switch to it at home too.  This is going to drive just mad enough to change AV so I'm hoping someone has a resolution in the works.

On Windows 8.1 (legit copy, fully updated), Total Protection but with only AV and firewall installed.

I also think there are probably a lot of people with this issue that simply do not know what is causing it or how to troubleshoot.

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 90 of 166

Jump to solution

You need to log a support call to get things moving Mcafee needs to know the issue exists posting here will not guarantee it so a support call is needed. the mcsmtmsg scheduling   component is the cause of the issue I confirmed this with a user here as My installs are not showing the issue.

You need to inform support reinstall does not fix it and that the above component is  or rather appears to be the cause.