cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 61 of 166

Re: McUICnt.exe steals the current windows focus every 3 hours. How can I stop this?

Jump to solution

Well good luck.  Peacekeeper is more on the ball with this issue than I am but I like to keep up with what's going on.  He's in OZ so should be around soon.

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 62 of 166

Re: McUICnt.exe steals the current windows focus every 3 hours. How can I stop this?

Jump to solution

What would be nice is if you could highlight or underline which programs are common to each PC . I would have thought the focus loss would be noticed  but as I said noone has reported it to support ever nor do we see it when we are looking at the screen. Maybe I need to get a focus program like yours to confirm it but it would have to be free. Does the 1 you bought have a free trial.

Reliable Contributor
Message 63 of 166

Jump to solution

Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Express - ENU If it is installed or rather loaded unload it just before the laptop is due to lose focus. I found a thread in another forum mentioning it is a lose of focus cause for 1 user

Probably nopt the issue as user never said he had Mcafee installed but a thought

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 64 of 166

Jump to solution

Hmmmmmm. Great Detective work PK. I checked my system and not installed. Appreciate the info.

Of course like you/everyone else I have never experienced this issue.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Jump to solution

I wanted to chime in and say that I'm having the same issue. I'm on Windows 8.1 and running McAfee LiveSafe - Internet Security. I found a free focus logger  here:Link removed as Mcafee warns re malware in the download and it shows that McUIcnt.exe is stealing focus. I already disabled all the McAfee notifications and I'm about to try the registry tweak so fingers crossed and I'll report my findings.the

EDIT: I just went to change ForegroundLockTimeout value in regedit, only to find that it's already set to the value suggested... So that's a bust.

Reliable Contributor
Message 66 of 166

Jump to solution

Not the fix I sent the OP will message you in a tick. Can you have a look at the list of installed programs and see what you have installed in common please.

Reliable Contributor
Message 67 of 166

Jump to solution

No matter installed it and will let it run the warning was yellow so checked with Malwarebytes and mcafee and file seems ok.

So far 160 minutes no sign of the issue.

Oh can you all post the version of Mcafee security centre you are using mine is 14.0.207 on win 8.1

Reliable Contributor
Message 68 of 166

Jump to solution

OK ran for 3 hrs or so and no warning will recheck for a 6 hr run tomorrow

Reliable Contributor
Message 69 of 166

Jump to solution

Ok I seem to have proved it is more likely a program that is common to all 3 of your PCs as ran the Focus program for 5hrs 30 minutes and no loss of focus by Mcafee programs.

Best way  to prove this for yourselves is to do a clean install of windows and install Mcafee and see what happens. I know big lot of work but with 3 complaining in 20million+ installs you need to do some investigation. as well. That registry "fix" is not the be all of a workaround just checking what component is involved..

Jump to solution

After disabling all startup processes and services which are not required by Windows or McAfee, I'm still having issues with window focus being taken by McUICnt.exe and I really don't have the patience to deal with it. I got my copy of McAfee for free, but it's proving to be more trouble than it's worth for me. Good luck finding a solution to the issue, but I'll be moving on to a different software title.