cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAffe slooooowing down internet connection

As it is stated in the tilte: McAffe slows down my internet connection.  After going through the awful and painful MacAffe interface, I turn off a lot of firewall settings, for example:

1) I turn off NETGUARD (what is that and what does it do I have no idea at all)

2) And other non sense settings (or fancy stuff that doesn't do anything at all) I KNOW that McAffe is sabotaging my connection because I have uninstalled it and then my computers seemed work faster and better...

Does that mean that solely Windows antivirus is better? Perhaps... But funny and ironic thing is that it happened from one day to the other, al of the sudden because you don't have issues when you are testing the software but when you already paid for it.... It works OK in the past but now I have to wait a lot for loading pages and foremost Youtube, the content loads, a couple of seconds, it stops, and then loads and so goes for ever. What a nice experience indeed.

I  also KNOW it is dues to McAffe (AKA Mc*a*fe) because I have another Android devices in my surroundings at the same time performing the same actions (let's say watching Yoututbe) and only my i7 PC with McAffe is having that issue)

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community