I purchased McAfee yesterday and installed Internet Security 2010 on my computer. Whenever I click the link on my desktop it does not seem to open. The icon is also not present in the toolbar. I have tried uninstalling and installing again, but still does not seem to work. What should I do? Thanks for any help!
Please follow the below steps to restart security center ;
1. Check and delete if you have any other security software in add/remove programs or its file and folders in C:/program files and common files.
2. Click start – run – type services.msc, In the services local window, check whether all Mcafee services are started and automatic , if not double click on the particular Mcafee service and change the start up type to be automatic ,
3. Click recovery tab at the top and change all three failures to “restart the service”.
4. Click Ok
Close all the programs and restart the computer and then try to open security center.
Kindly report back if you have any issues on the same.
Thanks for the help, unfortunately it did not work.
There were no antivirus programs under the common file or the add/remove. There was a Norton under the program files, which I erased.
All were on automatic except for System Guards and the Scanner. When I attempted to place on Auotmatic it came back with a Error 1053. I restarted computer and the desktop icon still does not work and there is no icon in the toolbar.
Can you please run mcafee virtual technician from http://mvt.mcafee.com and post me the session id so that I could review the installed files.
Also let me know . did you perform any recent changes on the computer (like a system restore)
Thanks for posting the session id,
Could you specify whether do you receive any anonymous pop ups while browsing online or was the computer infected by a malware in the past ?
My computer does get an occasional pop up. Though it's not excessive they do appear. From my knowledge the computer has not been infected with malware. Is there a way I can check for this?
Thanks for the help!
In this case you will have to reinstall the programs again after a complete uninstall in a professional way.Please follow the below steps which would assist you in accomplishing that;
1.Run the removal tool from http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe and restart the computer.
2. run mcpreinstalll tool from http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPreInstall.exe
3. Reinstall your programs from your account page in http://us.mcafee.com . Kindly report back if you still have any issues in opening security center
When I attempted to uninstall the program it told me the cleanup failed. Tried to restart the computer and begin process again, but it continued to say that cleanup failed.
Thanks for the help!
Could you please confirm the error message you received, was that "Clean up failed, clean up already running" or "INCOMPLETE CLEANUP" .
As both of these errors have to be sorted of differently.