Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 14

Re: McAfee vs avast!

You're welcome.

Highlighted

In May I requested to be notified when the problem was fixed.  I never received a reply.

After doing multiple updates of McAfee and still having the same problem I assumed the problem was not a high priority for McAfee.

Perhaps McAfee can hire some software engineers with the ability to reverse engineer avast!

My last email correspondence with McAfee customer service follows:

Please just send an email when the problem is fixed so I can then do an update and turn "Real Time Scanning" back on.

It is appalling that McAfee software screws up Thunderbird which is one of the popular email clients.

It is more appalling that this issues has been on the community website since last year and McAfee has done nothing about it:

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/50903

On 5/9/2013 1:05 PM, McAfee Tier2 Escalations wrote:

>

> Dear Michael Duffy,

>

>

> This is Selvaraj, from McAfee System Support with a follow-up documented under the Service Request number 484570-1076572572

>

> We were unable to get in touch with you at the number 1 (512) 555-1234

>

> Please reply to this mail, specifying your Phone number with code & convenient date and time with a 2 hours slot tomorrow.

>

> We will get back to you to take care of the issue at the earliest.

>

>

> Thank you for choosing McAfee.

>

> Selvaraj

>

> McAfee System Support.

>

>

>

> This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential, privileged, proprietary and protected from disclosure by applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, duplication, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and immediately destroy all copies of this message, including electronic and hard copies. Thank you for your cooperation.

Reliable Contributor selvan
Reliable Contributor
Message 13 of 14

Hi miked215,

Am able to see 5 Service Requests under your contact. The first two being queries about Account and was with Customer Service Department.

The remaining SR's state that the representatives were not able to reach you on your Primary Contact number for 3 Consecutive days. No reply has been received from your end for these 3 emails sent on 3 consecutive days. Since there was no reply from your end your SR's were marked for closure on 15th of May.

There was no attempt made to contact McAfee thereafter even by Email / Chat.

Reliable Contributor selvan
Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 14

Hi miked215,

Am sure that you will agree to the below image as well..!

Avast.bmp

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community