cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nyisles
Level 7

McAfee update won't connect to internet when internet is working fine

Jump to solution

McAfee has been really annoying again lately.  After an update, I had to completely uninstall McAfee (using the proper steps using the proper McAfee uninstall and preinstall programs) because Real Time Scanning was turning off.  At the conclusion of the re-install, Real Time Scanning was fine, but McAfee update was not.  When I choose to update McAfee, it clicks to a screen in 1 second and says "no internet connection".  Well my internet is running just fine so I don't know why blind McAfee cannot find it.  How can this be fixed?  Don't say I have to re-install again...that is insane.  If I have to keep re-installing McAfee because of their updates then I will plan on never using them again.  I don't need this aggravation.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: McAfee update won't connect to internet when internet is working fine

Jump to solution

nyisles

Try the below steps and check if update is working.

Disable Access Protection by selecting Navigation at the top right -> General Alerts and Settings -> Access protection -> Uncheck the Tick mark and click Apply

Close McAfee User Interface and Re-open it. Try Updating McAfee and check if it works.

Regards

0 Kudos
6 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Between the uninstall and preinstall did you run the MCPR cleanup tool and reboot?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

nyisles

Try the below steps and check if update is working.

Disable Access Protection by selecting Navigation at the top right -> General Alerts and Settings -> Access protection -> Uncheck the Tick mark and click Apply

Close McAfee User Interface and Re-open it. Try Updating McAfee and check if it works.

Regards

0 Kudos
jkiernan7
Level 8

Jump to solution

I had the same problem as nyisles.  Disabling the "access protection" solved the problem for me.  Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Remember to reenable it!!!!!!

0 Kudos
nyisles
Level 7

Jump to solution

To Ex_Britt - Yes I did use the MCPR cleanup tool

To Chinthanai Selvan P - YES, that was it!!! Thank you very much. My McAfee is now all updated.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Glad your are OK now.

0 Kudos