cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aldrin
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 91 of 115

Re: McAfee update causes blue screen crash?

Great, Yeap that was the info we were looking for.... Thanks Oldgrantite...

ninthace
Level 7
Message 92 of 115

No I running Windows 7 64bit Home Premium on an IntelCeleron CPU 900 @2.2 GHz with 3GB RAM, Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset.  As I said, problem appears to have cleared by restart in safe mode.

Confirmed by me too. Did an driver update of my Dell Wireless network card to the current version 8.0.0.239.

An Dell XPS 8100 i7 64-bit Win-7 user.

Works fine(Right now)

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 94 of 115

That is great I have been saying it is a clash with a dell driver or rather some hardware/software that dell uses commonly since day 2.

Hope this helps more

I have the same set-up as Loucetius (as you can see from my signature), but I already HAD that very same driver version installed at the time this all  happened.

So, while some sort of Network Service/Network Adapter Driver problem seems to be logical, that explanation does NOT explain it or work for me.

MM

Reliable Contributor
Message 96 of 115

That is annoying  so you had the latest and still were having bsods that implies another issue again. Getting like the mcsvhost isue that had 10 causes.

Of course as you are using another brand product you cannot check if issue is still there with current version. Probably is.

Will mention this in our call at least it helped 2 so far.

@Peacekeeper:

Yes, and you deserve some sort of medal for sticking with this.

As I said a day or so ago -- if McAfee will cough up the cash for me to purchase a duplicate system identical to mine, to beta test and experiment with, I'm all for it.

Short of that, I really don't expect McAfee can really help me, since I cannot possibly invest any more time/effort/expense/lost productivity to repeat the insanity again and again.

OTOH Someone really ought to gather up & merge all the related/identical/similar threads here -- there are so many I've lost track of following all of them -- and try to resolve this for some of the other folks.

(Though I suspect most of them have likewise moved on, as well....)

Sigh,

MM

rowan371
Level 7
Message 98 of 115

Hello Its now December 2010. I have been having the blue screen crash probelm for a few months and keep using system, restore ( maybe a dozen times in the last 3 months) .  I am pleased to see I am not alone. I have uninstalled McAphee and reinstalled it twice.  But stil lhave the probelm. I have a new Dell desktop on Windows 7. is there yet a fix to this problem . I am not a particualry technial PC user. and am new to this site.

Reliable Contributor
Message 99 of 115

This issue seemed to be solved. If yours same issue updating the wireless and network drivers to the latest version should fix this issue. All depends on your BSOD type.

Try this and post your version numbers and build of the Mcafee Security Centre, VS and firewall

gzilla
Level 7
Message 100 of 115

I don't think the problem is fixed.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community