cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee pop-up advertisement messages

Got another one of these today - Again, advertising some sort of sale on McAfee products. I remembered to grab a screen shot this time. I've scrutinized all the available options on the McAfee Home screen/settings tabs and as far as I can tell these pop-ups cannot be disabled. McAfee has some serious explaining to do on exactly why a major name anti-virus/pop-up blocking software would be creating pop-ups of it's own. What a piece of work.

McAfee Spam.jpg

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PMo
Level 7

Re: McAfee pop-up advertisement messages

I am glad I am not the only one bothered by this. I find it bad enough that by default the software browses my network to tell me if other computers running an out of date version of McAfee but now I have to put up with pop-up adds too.pop-up.jpg

0 Kudos
LocalCop564
Level 7

And here's my pop-up.  I cannot fathom what in the world McAfee is thinking....   Unbelieveable.  As a security company, they should should absolutely know better.

I called tech support, who advised me that likely my software will be expiring soon.  As you can see......it is not...

Subscription_Status_McAfee.jpg

Malware_McAfee.jpg

0 Kudos
Aldrin
Level 12

Please try this workaround and let me know your results.

• Open your McAfee product by clicking the M icon on the desktop or near the system clock.
  • Click Navigation in the top right corner
  • Under Settings, Click General Settings and Alerts
  • Expand the Access Protection drawer and uncheck Use Access Protection
  • Click Apply
  • Restart your computer
  • Enable back the Access Protection
0 Kudos
bbgrbr
Level 7

I am also having this problem, but I'm hesitant to disable/enable access protection, as proposed by Aldrin. Has anyone tried this and found it successful.

It's hard to believe McAfee doesn't provide a more obvious way to turn off advertisement pop-ups.

0 Kudos