cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonnyice
Level 7

McAfee not running, installation file "DMSetup.exe" not running

McAfee does nothing when prompted to manual scan my files, i.e. right click file -> select 'Scan' --> Nothing happens. I have downloaded and ran McAfee Virtual technician, it does not find any mcafee even though the following folders are available on Program files:
1.McAfee
2.McAfee Security Scan
3.McAfee.com

I have also attempted to re-install by downloading "DMSetup.exe" from mcafee website, the program also fails to execute when I click on "run".

Please note: Other executable installation files are running OK.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Aldrin
Level 12

Re: McAfee not running, installation file "DMSetup.exe" not running

Hello, please clarify the following:

1. What is your Operating System?

2. Recently did you make any changes to your computer like System Restore?

3. What happens when you try to execute DMSetup.exe, are you getting any error message if so please upload the screenshot of the same

0 Kudos
tonnyice
Level 7

Operating System: Windows XP

No changes were made, I did not do a system restore

When I execute 'DMSetup.exe', i get an "Open File - Security warning" Box, with a "run" and "cancel" option.

On clicking "Run" option, warnig box disappears and no installation takes place.

0 Kudos
Aldrin
Level 12

Alright, since you have specified as you are able to find the McAfee folders then it's always recommended to remove them off by using the removal tool and then try installing them back. You can click on the Useful Links on top of this page to run the McAfee removal tool (MCPR)

In addition to that, you may also check for Windows Update and make sure you install all the available windows updates to your computer. Hope this would help you...

0 Kudos