cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee not protecting my computer

After running Virtual Technician, my McSield.exe is not working.  I can't scan my computer and McAfee has been updating the last 24 hours.  I cannot download the chat program so I can't talk to anyone.  My computer had to do a restore yesterday when I turned it on, why I don't know.  An update must have corrupted Windows Vista 64.  I have a reinstall disk, but my computer is a year old and my internet connection is based on an aircard (no 3g avail).  So it is slow.  Can anyone help me?  I can't seem to find my way around the McAfee website.

2 Replies

Re: McAfee not protecting my computer

Hello

Click on start click on RUN.

Type in services.msc click ok.

Check for Mcafee McShield Enable it if it is disable.

And Could u also tell me if u suspect any virus infection on ur computer.

Regards

Syed Tabrez

( Mcafee Technical Support)

Re: McAfee not protecting my computer

Thankyou, but after about 4 hours McAfee finally completed the download and everything seems to be working.  I scanned my computer and nothing was found.  I guess all the issues were caused because of McAfee trying to update the files that were missing.  I am going to run the virtual technician again to make sure everything is correct.

McAfee Support Mobile App Available
With the new McAfee Support Mobile App you’ll be able to update, close, and view service requests on your mobile device. The app will also notify you when one of our technical support engineers update a service request. Download the Android version from Google Play and the iOS version from the Apple App Store today!