cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cpc1964
Level 7

McAfee links not working, not scanning

Could anyone help me with a problem?

Running Windows 7, & McAfee Internet Security version ?      My McAfee would not scan, just said 'We are having trouble scanning right now', when I tried manual scan.

So I uninstalled program, and downloaded program again with download based upon my subscription number.  Now the important links don't work i.e. My Subscription, Run a quick Scan, About - nothing happens when you click them.Program just seems dead.  Won't update either, just stays on 0%.

Machine was scanned with Malwarebytes and seems clean, tried a separate Test user account and still no joy.  Any ideas or help?

Many thanks!    Karl

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: McAfee links not working, not scanning

when you removed it did you remove it via windows reboot and then run MCPR the removal tool reboot and reinstall?

Reinstall Mcafee

Is malwarebytes the free version or the paid version. The paid version used to clash with Mcafee unsure if the new paid version does as well.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

​,

Are you having difficulty accessing any other links? When you say you uninstalled your McAfee products. Did you first go to your Control Panel/Programs and Features/Remove/Restart? Then follow up by running the latest MCPR Tool to remove any remnants.

If you are still having issues, I suggest that you  Contact Support  Via Phone/or Online Chat being most quickest.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Moved from Security Center >  Consumer > General DiscussionDiscussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
cpc1964
Level 7

I did uninstall in Add/Remove Programs but didn't use the MCPR removal tool, perhaps I should have done.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

It is definitely worth a try, if that does not resolve your issue definitely contact Technical Support.

Sincerely,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

You can run the McAfee virtual technicial tool that might fix the issue.

MVT tool

0 Kudos