cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee keeps deactivating

I bought Mcafee on line in may 2010. account shows ok. Message keeps telling me Mcafee has been deactived. Says I need to pay $12.99 for more computers, but I only have one.

If I redownload Mcafee , it will work for awhile then deactivate in a few minutes.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
74 Replies
k3tg
Level 14

Re: McAfee keeps deactivating

May I suggest you run the McAfee Virtual Technician found at the top of this page under Useful Links in the Technical Support area. MVT will scan your computer for any McAfee related issues and if it finds any it will attempt to fix them.

May I know where you purchased your software online from?

Lets try to uninstall again. Go to Add/Remove programs and uninstall and reboot the computer. Then go to Useful Links athe top of this page and run the MCPR removal tool and reboot again. Follow the steps in this link from McAfee and run the McAfee Preinstall tool.

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100119

Login to your online McAfee account and download and install your software

Let us know how this works for you

0 Kudos

Your suggestion seemed to work for about a week, then it deactived tonite and wanted $12.99 to reactivate. I did the same thing and it cleared ok for about 15 min then deactivated again.

Im thinking it might be seeing more than one computer, but I only have the one that is contected to a network. Was working fine for a couple of months.

McAfee is no help as I can't talk with anyone and their Email is not accessible.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hi Bullwinkle131,

Could you please send me a private message with the email address that you have registered with McAfee products . To send me private message, click on the Avatar and click send private message.

Please do not post your email address here due to security reasons.

Regards,
Dinesh  K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

0 Kudos
MountainKing
Level 7

"SR-614360627" - no response yet..!!!

I've just renewed my McAfee Total Protection (3-user license + 3 extra) - I'm using 5 out of 6 but on my own PC McAfee keeps deactivating. All other computers works fine.

Software is validated OK - account seems OK but my computer shows three times incl. the one which shows "Active" and "Activated"

The problem started yesterday and I have never had this kind of problem before (been using McAfee for many years....)

I'm running Win7 Ultimate 32-bit

Any good solutions.?

(I'm from Denmark)

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hi Mountainking,

Your previous service request number did not get completed i,e it was not fully registered and that's the reason for not receiving a response . Please click on this link http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=1030&sg=TS and get connected with our technicians so that they help you fix the problem remotely.

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

0 Kudos
MountainKing
Level 7

Problem solved by the Danish McAfee Support - it was a license problem.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

That's good MountainKing but Aquarius perhaps try Technical Support Chat in that case as I can't understand how it would happen if Customer Service fixed the account.....other than perhaps deleting your cookies and temporary files perhaps?

0 Kudos
spede1
Level 7

Have any of you having this problem uninstalled and reinstalled the software?  If you have, does it show the same computer name more than once under your account?

One thing that I've noticed that may cause this problem is that when you go under you user account on the website, sometimes it will show the SAME computer more than once.  Lets say it shows one computer twice under your activations.  If you only acitvate one of the same computer (names), I think it gets confused and deactivates.  McAfee should give the users the ability to REMOVE old activations from their account instead of keeping a running history of activations.   I despise Trend Micro but I McAfee should implement their activation control like TM does.

BTW, my computer also kept deactivating.  I finally got ticked enough to uninstall McAfee permenently, I'm not calling support every month or so.

0 Kudos
aquarius
Level 7

Update - uninstalled McAffee today, and re-installed it. This time it removed the duplicate listing of the computer from My Account page (that has never happened before), and the program is now active. Hoping this means they have fixed the problem. Crossing my fingers it doesn't deactivate again tomorrow.

0 Kudos