cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matt_from_bk
Level 7

McAfee just seemed to stop on PC. What can I do next

I can longer open the security center; when I click on the icon nothing happens.  On adivce from on-line help I tried

to reinstall but again nothing happens (really nothing).    If I try to remove McAfee with progam removal again nothing happens.  I get no errors or warnings.

I downloaded the Virtual tool and was able to run it but it said there were three problems it could not fix. It seemed one of these problems was due to

the fact the three McAfee services were no longer running and could not be restarted

I read something about a removal tool but I can't find it on this site.  I think because all the McAfee services are dead I'm having trouble accessing the internet.  (Needed to login from other PC)

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
papatom13
Level 7

Re: McAfee just seemed to stop on PC. What can I do next

Matt, I found this removal tool, hope  it works ;  http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Re: McAfee just seemed to stop on PC. What can I do next

Hi,

Try running the updated mcafee products removal tool from here. Running the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool (MCPR.exe) removes all 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009 versions of McAfee consumer products.
NOTE: This tool is not compatible with Microsoft Windows 98 or ME.

Do report back if you still face any issues.

Regards,
Dinesh K

0 Kudos