cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adriane007
Level 7

McAfee issue or computer issue?

I was happily online then I lost the connection. I called rebooted the modem and router and called Comcast but it wasn't a equipment or service issue because I can get the wireless connection on my other laptop. I then get a message from McAfee that my "computer is at risk" so I follow the steps to run a scan BUT I get an error message that says an error occurred and I have to retry the scan, but I get the same run-around. Is this because I am not online? Or did McAfee take my laptop offline because I didn't do something or perhaps caught a virus? I called McAfee support and was put on hold for 15 minutes so I would REALLY like someone to help me with this issue soon.

Desperate to fix the problem that may have been caused by McAfee. If it is not McAfee then I need to contact Acer tech support.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
adriane007
Level 7

Re: McAfee issue or computer issue?

I just removed the McAfee program and NOW I get internet connection. What's the deal, McAfee???????

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: McAfee issue or computer issue?

This Comcast's version of Mcafee or a paid subscription?

What is the version of security centre and the current shown dat version?

Did you ever have another AV installed like AVG or Norton?

Run MVT and see what it says

Mcafee Virtual Technician is found on the Technical support page in Useful links tab above. Run it and note session number.

If no go try setting the firewall to defaults and if that fails uninstall Mcafee reboot and run

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/Mcpreinstall.exe

Reinstall it from your account

To uninstall follow the steps here

If all above fails contact Tech support for your country calls are free and chat is as well.

0 Kudos