cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee full scan always pause once at random. Why?

I've seen this on three different computers (my old desktop (which I reformatted and gave to my parents), my old Dell (which is gone), and my current ASUS)

Whenever I run a full system scan, at some point or the other it pauses and then I click resume and it continues normally.

I think it stops at different places each time, but it almost always stops.

Does anyone else have this problem?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
pusaqall
Level 7

Re: McAfee full scan always pause once at random. Why?

I haven't seen it on my end yet, but my friend told me that he encounters such problem and we don't know what's the cause of it.

0 Kudos
JaiPrakash
Level 12

This is seen most in PC, where there exists bad sectors on hard drive and other Operating system issue . The best way to isolate it would be to run a chkdsk and check the report.

Please let us know the below information

Operating system :

McAfee version details :

McAfee Security Center :

Version :

McAfee Virus Scan :

Version :

DAT :

0 Kudos
mfl100
Level 7

I have had  the same problem on a Windows XP Dell and two Windows 7 Dell XPS 7100s for well over a year.  McAfee technical support has no answers.

0 Kudos
lotty
Level 7

Is it possible that you have the settings set to use minimal resources? .. if so then change to uncheck "scan with minimal resources" and retry

0 Kudos
mfl100
Level 7

I discovered that I do not have the problem when I run an unscheduled full scan.  Moreover, such a scan completes in about 1/4 the time or less as a scheduled scan.

0 Kudos