cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wc3043
Level 7

McAfee deactivating issue

Hi All,

First off I'll apologize in advance if I'm in the wrong section, and if I am please point me in the right direction. I created this profile and joined the community because I have a deactivation issue that I can seem to fix on my own.

I bought two McAfee licenses, one for my PC and one for my fiance's (We both have Acer netbooks, using Win7). Recently I decided to "recover" both computers back to their factory settings so I could get some of the garbage off both of them. Well, I didn't uninstall McAfee properly (because I was unaware there was a proper process), I just wiped both computers. When I tried to install McAfee again I successfully installed my fiance's with no issues, mine on the other hand is giving me a hard time.

When I log into my account it shows I have two licenses available, both in use. I deactivate the one that shows up as my old PC and it tells me I now have one in use and another available. So I download McAfee using the available license an after about 10 minutes of working fine it alerts me that it will expire in seven days. I click on the reactivate button and it tells me that its reactivated, however even after giving it some time, it still says it will deactivate.

So, I uninstall from the control panel and use the McAfee removal tool, reboot and download again... same issue. I even renamed my computer thinking that was the issue, didn't fix it. Has anyone had this problem/found a solution to it? I appreciate your time.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: McAfee deactivating issue

Support may need to remove the Pcs from your account. As we mods do not have account access the techs need to do this. There are  several ways to go best they look at it. So you have two licences and your other half to be has 1 of her own on another account?

My choice would be kill your account and create a new 1 and move licences to that account via the subscription repair tool.( that for your info) You cannot do that yourself sorry.

Always best to remove via windows Programs and features and then run MCPR then reformat. that way old Pc names are removed.

0 Kudos
wc3043
Level 7

Both licenses are under my account, that's why I thought it was so weird when I reinstalled McAfee on her computer and she had no issues.

Thanks for the info, do you have a good number/extension to reach support?

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Go to http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS

change to your language and bottom left click on call support. Follow your prompts to get a number when you fill in the details.

0 Kudos