cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: McAfee constantly updating every couple of hours

Ok issue is you have Mcafee supplied version but still shows Dell affid we have arranged a tech to contact you as they need to sort out why your affid id is wrong.

buster02
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 62 of 84

My Affid is 384 for McAfee Security Centre ..... still not updated. Have you any idea where my Affid is in the upgrade sequence? @catdaddy

Juliadif''s issue is different she has a McAfee subscription and should have the fix but still shows old Dell affid thus the tech coming comment. Yours is a partner install and those as I said were held up awaiting the next patch as some users were getting a major bug showing. this is fixed and is in the middle of the McAfee user roll-out after then the partners will get the fix. sorry but the bug was a more of an issue than the spinning blue thingy icon .

I would assume 2 weeks and the partner rollout should start. Touch wood

buster02
Level 8
Message 64 of 84

Another month has gone by and I'm still on 14.0.4121

This really has been appalling service from McAfee .... is there yet another hold up?

cc

PS Season's Greetings

catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 65 of 84

If it is any consolation, other consumers have been receiving the 14.0.6120 Version/Build last couple of days .

Thank you for your patience, and I can understand your frustration. Other than continue to wait for the Build, All I can suggest is to Uninstall/Reinstall to get the Version/Build with the (Fix) in it. I do know for certain Dell and other Partners are receiving it gradually.

Seasons Greetings to you also   I wish you a 'Happy,Healthy,and Prosperous New Year'

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 66 of 84

Should it be the case you decide to Uninstall/Reinstall. Remove your Software from your Control Panel/Add/Remove/Programs/Features/Restart. Then run the MCPR Tool/Restart. Then reinstall from your account.

Or here are Guidelines/Instructions for assistance  Uninstall Mcafee

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

AS CD said Dell users just got updated so yours should be around the corner. The partner rollout back a month was stopped due to a bug found in the partner version so they held the update of the partners till now.

catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 68 of 84

I apologize for my delayed response. However I was tied up in 'Airport Traffic'. If it is any consolation, I did bring up your Name specifically. As Colleague PK mentioned, the issue presented for the other user is entirely different.

Please know that I can understand your frustration. Please keep checking your Version/Build Numbers and hopefully 'sooner than later' you will receive it.

All the very best,

CD/Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
buster02
Level 8
Message 69 of 84

Lucky you

buster02
Level 8
Message 70 of 84

This is incredible. Nearly 5 months and counting ! I still haven't got the promised update. How can a company like this leave a core product in such a poor state and for so long.

It also takes an age to do a scan ... and hogs resources completely for hours. 'Running in background' doesn't seem to help. I'm seriously thinking of ditching it now.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community