cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harlemite
Level 7

McAfee bug ... Real Time Scan Causes Logoff to Hang!

I have the most recent McAfee 2011. When I turn off the realtime scan in McAfee on both of my computers...an HP Tablet Laptop - Windows 7..and an HP Desktop - Windows Vista... they shutdown correctly. However when I leave the realtime scan on on both computers the Logoff hangs and I'm forced to manually turn both the laptop and the desktop off manually. This is not consistant with any version of McAfee I've seen to date. Usually the antivirus is supposed to coordinate with Windows upon shutting down the system . I have never had to use a workaround for proper shutdown. I'm almost positive this is a bug in this software. Is anybody else having this issue?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Aldrin
Level 12

Re: McAfee bug ... Real Time Scan Causes Logoff to Hang!

Hello Harlemite,

No there was no such bug reported by anyone so far. However, please provide us the following details:

1.    How long you are using McAfee on this computer?

2.    Do you have any other security programs installed in your computer?

3.    Since when you are facing this issue?

4.    Did you recently make any hardware/software changes to your computer?

5.    How was the McAfee programs installed, was that through CD or from the website?

0 Kudos
Harlemite
Level 7

Mcafee updated to 2011 by itself. I went through this with a Mcafee tech and I removed the software and re installed it. The shutdown in windows only works when I turn off the realtime scan..consistantly. But when realtime scan is on both computers hang.

0 Kudos
Harlemite
Level 7

Well McAfee may not have admitted to the bug...but they had the decency to fix it!  The bug is in Dat. Version 6250.....the fix is in Dat. Version 6251 which came in an update yesterday...Thank McAfee..next time just admit to it...LOL!!!

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hi Harlemite,

Glad that you are OK now, the next if time it happens please report back and we will be with you to investigate more on this.

Thanks,

0 Kudos