cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee TotalProtection 2012 & Windows 8

Jump to solution

I have McAfee TP 2012 for 3 users, still in the shrink warp (not use yet).  I have a question - If I use it now, will I get upgrade for Windows 8 version?

Regards,

Sail-a-away

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 8

Re: McAfee TotalProtection 2012 & Windows 8

Jump to solution

I understand Windows 8 compatible version will be fully available before MS begins selling Win 8 on Oct 26th.

Until then, we don’t support Win 8.

So it will update free if your subscription is current to a win 8 compatible version or install same if you install then

7 Replies
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Security centre 12.1 works with windows 8 RTM. This is in beta now and I will ask what happens re the retail version .

Will get back to you soon.

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

To add to what Tony has said, if your subscription is current then your software will upgrade to whatever is the latest version automatically, but as he said, the Windows 8 retail version has yet to be released, hopefully very soon.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 10/10/12 6:43:49 EDT AM

Jump to solution

Thanks Tony and Peter.  As what Peter mentioned, if my subscription is current I should get the free upgrade.  And as for now the latest free upgrade is the 2013 version.  Has anyone tested 2013 with Windows 8?

Regards,

sail-a-way

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

Calling the software 2012 and 2013 can be misleading....it's the actual version that matters.   I'm testing the "Beta 6.1" as it's known internally on Windows 8 Pro RTM and it seems to work just fine.

You may wish to join the Beta group at least in order to keep up with what's going on:  https://community.mcafee.com/groups/mcafee-total-protection-beta

Also see:  https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-1236

I tried the current latest retail version (available here at least - Australia always gets the newest versions first) with Windows 8 and although it worked, sort of, it got stuck, so I suggest waiting.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 10/10/12 8:07:49 EDT AM
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

I understand Windows 8 compatible version will be fully available before MS begins selling Win 8 on Oct 26th.

Until then, we don’t support Win 8.

So it will update free if your subscription is current to a win 8 compatible version or install same if you install then

Jump to solution

Thanks everyone.  I will wait for Windows 8 version.  For now will get the beta version.

Regards,

Aldrin Teo

Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Good luck approved your beta community membership