cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmgovind
Level 7

McAfee Total Protection - Security Centre NOT repairing the infected rundll32 on Win 7 64bit Prof Ed

Hi

Problem: McAfee Total Protection - Security Centre NOT repairing the infected rundll32 on Win 7 64bit Prof Ed

Laptop Details:Win 7 64 bit Prof ed on a Dell Studio 1557 laptop

McAfee Details: I am using a recent version of McAfee Total protection (renewed till 2013). I did not find any tool in the Security Center which tells me the build or the recent DAT number updated/downloaded

Problem: I am not able to do any meaningful work with my system as it is infected with virus which doesnt allow me to choose anything. If i type or choose a menu it just keeps jumping across the screen and leaves me frustrated

I have downloaded the recent updates using Security Center. This is done almost on a daily basis.

The FULL SCAN is not able to remove the rundll32 virus. I 've executed atleast three times in the past one week

The rundll32.exe in the Windows System 32 folder appears with a page like icon.

In the Task manager the rundll32.exe appears without a proper description.

Pls help me to remove this virus

Regards

Govind

3 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: McAfee Total Protection - Security Centre NOT repairing the infected rundll32 on Win 7 64bit Prof Ed

I assume you rebooted since it detected it?

Did it say what the detection was?

The version is either in "about" top right of security centre or via navigation (top right) and "about" centre left of screen.

0 Kudos
tmgovind
Level 7

Re: McAfee Total Protection - Security Centre NOT repairing the infected rundll32 on Win 7 64bit Prof Ed

Peackeeper thanks for your response.

I had rebooted the laptop several times after this virus issue surfaced - both before and after the FULL scan been executed.

McAfee Security Center does not detect that. Infact i have to accept that it is my guess. In task Manager i can see the rundll32.exe without any valid description. So it makes me think that the problem is with the rundll32.

a) This virus is so annoying that it jsut doesnt allow me to type or choose a menu. The scroll bar of all the windows (Excel, Explorer, Power point, Word) automatically scrolls up or down and the menu that i choose keeps jumping across the screen.

b) The mouse when used to click on an button (mouse is working properly tested in another laptop). The button just flickers continuously. But doesnt associate anything.

c) A few times while booting i get a beep sound. Initially i thought that to be an issue with the battery or keyboard. I executed the diagnostics tool shipped with Dell - Dell Support Center. It didnt find any problem. But i do not get this problem now.

If this sounds a bell you can let me know.

Will check for the version and update you. I know it shud be the latest version as i regularly update the patches. But i will check it and confirm

Regards

Govind

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Work through the mentioned anti virus scanners especially getsusp, both stingers and malwarebytes and see if they see anything

Getsusp link might fail use this 1

http://downloadcenter.mcafee.com/products/mcafee-avert/GetSusp/GetSusp.exe

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 29/07/11 7:40:03 PM
0 Kudos