I just upgraded to Total Protection from AntiVirus Plus, everything was going good, after I restarted my PC (The last prompt during installation), when I logged onto Windows all internet traffic was blocked. I've tweaked settings on Security Center but I can't figure it out, currently the ONLY way I can manage is by completely turning off the Firewall.
I've tried Restoring Defaults on the Firewall but traffic is still blocked. This never happened before I and I can't figure it out.
Some assistance please anyone ^^;
Too add a few things, I upgraded from Anti Virus Plus 2010 to Total Protection 2011, I used the disk, it removed Anti Virus Plus 2010 and installed the latest version of Total Protection 2011 including online updates,
I'm using Windos 7 64Bit Home Premium on a custom Built PC.
Again to clarify this issue started when I upgraded to Total Protection, 20minutes ago with Anti Virus Plus I had no issues whatsoever.
Nothing I change on the Firewall EXCEPT turning it off will allow me internet access. Windows Firewall is off, and there's nothing else running besides McAfee.
McAfee Personal Firewall
Last Update: 6/25/2011
Edit: I found this post, my problem looks to be exactly this.Message was edited by: Artemys on 6/25/11 7:25:37 PM CDT
A simple thought,
Let me know the status after the above steps.
My dear Mr/Ms Jayadeep,
I being of sound mind and body...
The first thing you suggested is; Run windows update.
So I remind you of the subject of this posting: McAfee Total Protection Firewall blocking all internet Access
I am using a different computer to find a solution for the same exact problem, so now if you can answer the original question...
So I remind you of the subject of this posting: McAfee Total Protection Firewall blocking ALL internet Access
I've managed to fix the issue, I ran the Virtual technitian and it found nothing wrong. After trying everything else, I decided to completely uninstall McAfee and re-install it, however this time I didn't allow the Auto-Update when prompted (Infact i disconnected the internet). After the installation was finished, I then updated and the issue was fixed, was really weird as I'll never know what happened and why. I did a lot of googling and found this issue come up a few times. My thought's are either a file corrupted during installation (It was never interrupted in any phase) or something was missed the first time and Virtual Technician didn't detect it.