cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Linda3587
Level 7

McAfee Total Protection 2010 (3 license) installation problem

I was able to install 2 out of the 3 licenses I am entitled to with this software.  When I attempt to install the 3rd license on another computer it says that is will take 99+ hours to download.  And on my 2nd computer where I finally managed to install the program it says that I have 15 days to register with the key which I already put in for that installation.  I have not had these problems before.  When I go to my account it says that I have 2 activations and am entitled to a 3rd.  Not sure how to handle this problem with the 3rd installation.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Aldrin
Level 12

Re: McAfee Total Protection 2010 (3 license) installation problem

Hi Linda,

How did you purchase the McAfee programs, could you please provide us with your Customer ID for McAfee (or) Dell Service Tag

0 Kudos
k3tg
Level 14

Did you previously have any security software installed?

What type of operating system? Windows 7 XP Vista

Did you ever have any virus or malware issues?

What browser are you using? IE8 Firefox Opera

Please answer the questions above for both computers 2 and 3

On computer 3 you might want to run the McAfee Preinstall tool before attempting to install the software. See this link http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100119 after running the tool reboot and then proceed to install your software.

0 Kudos
Linda3587
Level 7

After several more attempts I was finally able to get McAfee on my other computer.  Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos